Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Get It.

I highly recommend. Highly. It's called "The Real Dirt on Farmer John" and I was pretty surprised to watch a documentary that I found both moving and fascinating. It tells the story of a man that grew up in the fifties and sixties, lost his farm in the early eighties, only to turn it all around again and become one of the first CSA farms in the country in the early nineties. I got it. I really did. The fascination with the land, the obsession with doing something that many would think completely foolish, and the emotional ups and downs. I saw this a few days ago and really haven't been able to get it out of my head. It starts out a little weird, but stick with it. It's worth it.

http://www.pbs.org/independentlens/realdirt/

If you have Netflix, it is a title that you can watch instantly, or through mail. I hope you love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment